Thursday, July 7, 2011

my mom is mean


The mean mom that I am has Julien and Logan do homework every morning of the summer for the exception of the weekend of course. They both have a general math review, times tables and divisions, reading comprehension, language arts worksheets, 10-15 sentence essays, and 30 minutes worth of reading. Some may think it is a little excessive, but it should only take them 1:30 minutes to do it all. I just want to be sure they don't forget the things they learned in their previews grades over the long summer break, and want them to feel prepared for the new school year. At the beginning of the summer it is always hard for them to start that routine, but now the kids are so used to it that they get up early and do their homework all on their own with no complaints. I am so proud of my hard little workers.

1 comment:

Claire Bagley Hayes said...

You are my hero. I want to be you when I have kids.