Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween 2010!


Halloween weekend is always busy for us, because of all the celebrations. But this year all the celebrations ended up on the same day. BUSY BUSY! In the morning the kids had their Halloween parade. Julien and Logan wanted to make sure I bought Kia Ora who was dressed as a BYU Cheerleader. They are so proud of her. They wanted her to cheer them on as they marched around the school.
After the parade, I had to hurry to work to do all my girls hair and make-up for their Halloween Show. I choreographed 5 dances for the Halloween show, as well as made costumes, spliced music, did a photoshoot for all 5 dances in full costume (hair, and make-up included) ..... for 20 girls. It was a lot of work and kind of stressful for someone who had to do all of it by herself, especially for a mother of 3 with a 3 months old baby, whose husband is at school from early morning until very late at night. But I survived, and the girls did a fantastic job. Besides, I would be lying if I said that I did not enjoy doing that kind of stuff, choreographing and producing shows is definitely a lot of fun for me.
Once I got done with the Halloween show I rushed to pick up the kids from the afterschool program as well as Jon who was still at school. We then headed to our ward Halloween party. It was a lot of fun. Jon and I entered the Chili cook off contest (which we had gotten up at 6:00 am to start). Jon won first place with his "Awesome Baked Bean" recipe. The kids went on a hay ride, and did some face and hair painting.


OUR AWESOME COSTUMES!

Jon was a grim reaper. He made his own scythe at BYU. It looks real doesn't it. He actually used a stick from a old broken broom stick and a piece of foam he found laying around.




















Julien was a knight named Tom from a book series called "Beast Quest" he has been reading for 2 years now. He loves those books. I made his tunic, and Jon made his shield. Jon did an amazing job making it. He even engraved the Beast Quest logo and a lion head on it. Julien was so proud of it. He was so cute, with a constant grin on his face.




















Logan was a padawan jedi from Star Wars. He wanted a jedi braid, so I made him one, along with his tunic. Luckily the jedi cloak I made a couple years back still fit him, so he was able to wear it. He looked so adorable in his costume.




















Kia Ora our cute little BYU cheerleader. She looked like a doll in her little outfit. I also made her a blue and white pompom.




















I was a karate girl. I did not really want to dress up all the way this year because I knew I would be taking care of the baby the whole time.

My parents came to the ward party with us. My dad dressed up as a Monk. He was funny in his costume. Look how cute he looks.


All in all, it was a busy Halloween, but it was a lot of fun.

No comments: