Sunday, May 17, 2020

Quarantication week 9

Quarantication week 9: May 10- 16

We yet again had a wonderful week for fun!
Happy Mother's Day! Happy Sunday! This Mother's Day was low key and relaxing!
We got ready for home church, and had a nice service where Eden and Julien gave talks on mothers.
I had prepared our Star Wars treats early so we could watch it early afternoon.





I gave the girls some Jedi hairstyles! lol!





Eden gave the sweetest talk!



And Julien gave a wonderful talk on the Army of Helaman and their mothers.


For Sunday school we updated our Book of Mormon timeline and had a lesson on Abinadi.





One of things I have enjoyed since cove 19 is the increase family time we have had.
Jon and I have had the opportunity to go on a walk nearly every Sunday evening. 


My awesome Mother's Day gift!
My old watch had not been working in over a year.
I was so happy to get a new one!


Sunday: Empire Strikes Back, with Han burgers, and Ewoks gummies, Jabba's grubs, and Princess Leia's chip


Monday: Return of the Jedi, with 7 Leia Dip, Trooper Scoopers, Dark Side drink, and Chewie Chewy Caramel Corn


Tuesday: The Force Awakens with Solo & Chewie Chewy cookies (cookies and milk in solo cups)


Wednesday: The Last Jedi with, Han Solo Carbonite Jello, Thermal Detonator meatballs, and some  Luke Skywaters


Thursday: The Rise of Skywalker with some Vaderade, Vader Tater salad, and Jawa cookies


Watching the Star Wars series has been a lot of fun but has been a lot of work.
The kids keep asking me which series we will watch next, I told them to ask me in a few weeks. lol!


More lightsaber fun!




My awesome brother Thiefaine sent us a package filled with fun.
His family had gone digging for Geode rocks and sent us a few to open.
The kids loved that!







My sleeping beauty



Yearbooks are IN!
I have always loved looking through yearbooks. 
High schools in America always do such a great job with them.



School Time!
Final week for these kiddos...
Don't let this smile fool you, doing virtual school has been very challenging. Most days 1 or 2 were crying, I was yelling, and all feeling frustrated....
This was very new to both teachers and students and has been very difficult
adjusting to it. Kia Ora and Eden's elementary school did a great job giving out assignments, and made sure they had their school computers. However, I think they were overloaded with work. We spent on average 6 hours a day on school work. Most of the time I sat between the 2 helping on or the other. Home duties where pushed to the side. Luckily I was home and able to help, but I know many working parents were not able to do the same.
I will be glad when summer break can officially start and the stress of daily school work is behind us!







French with Mami!
The kids have loved seeing their Mami and cousins 3 times a week for French class.




Julien has also started some French online meetings with BYU students to help with his French.



The kids have been asking me about getting another pet for quite a while...
..... I finally gave in and got them my kind of pet! 
A plant pet! Venus Fly Trap!





Pool Time!


I got some pretty cook shots of Logan this week!










I am grateful the kids have been able to keep up with their piano lessons during this quarantine time via FaceTime!



One morning Eden came down with a white shirt and decided that he wanted to decorate a shirt!
And so we did!






Wand making!
The kids love Harry Potter!
Julien and Logan are constantly joking with Kiki and Eden telling them they went to Hogwarts when they were little. Of course Kiki and Eden believe them and want to follow in their footsteps. 







They turned out pretty good!



Found this yucky spider in the poo!



My running buddy!


While cleaning out Eden's room I found a cute book he made about him loving his family!
He is such a sweetheart!


Wahoo!


This week I finally finished all of our cove 19 facemasks!


Nap time with daddy!


Julien practicing his tree climbing skills!
He is secretly hoping to becoming a superhero! lol!
Although I think is already is!
He is pretty amazing, and his tree climbing skills are pretty impressive!





No comments: