Monday, April 8, 2019

Scripture time!



Although we are not good at reading scriptures with the kids every day. We try to at least get the majority of us together a few times per week. It is hard to do while trying to manage so many schedules and having me work at night at the studio a few times a week.

While at TOFW I picked up a very cool series called the ites series by David Butler. We have been using that book at times to get to know our Book of Mormon and Bible personages a little better. We mostly have been reading out of  the Book of Mormon family reader by Tyler McKellar. I really like this book because it gives a brief description of what the section is about and then a part of the actual verses out of the Book of Mormon following with questions about the topic. If is great! We also sometimes use the Book of Mormon, New and Old Testament, or Doctrine and Covenants Stories series. Other times, we get a picture out of the gospel library binder and read the summary or when we are just too tried to do anything we will recite our favorite scripture or article of faith.

I just love seeing our little Keilani run to the bookshelf to get the scriptures as we call "scripture time." She gets so excited about it. Even if she doesn't sit still during our reading, it warms my heart to know that she looks forward to this precious time together.

We have not mastered family scripture study and family prayer. But I know that doing it and trying to do it as consistently as possible will strengthen my family and bring the spirit in my home. 

No comments: