Sunday, October 21, 2018

37 years Young?


It's official, today I turned 37.
Aging is a strange thing. I'm trying to understand why our society (me included) has such a fear of aging. It is only the natural course of life, but seeing a changing face and body, being prone or more susceptible to illnesses, not being able to move as you once did can be frustrating and discouraging.
Having said this, with age comes also a better prospective on life, on things, on people. 
With gained experiences one become wiser and less judgmental, more accepting, more empathetic, and more patient. How wonderful to be able to grow in that way, for that is what in the end matters most!

But I am a physical girl.
I love to move!
I will continue to stretch myself beyond my limitations, dance, and move for as long as my body lets me, leaping into this next year joyfully!


"Forever young I want to be
forever young...."

Thank you Snapchat for making me look so young...


...and thank you black charcoal and aztec clay masks for helping look a little more young....



Jon helped Kiki and Eden make me a cake.
So sweet of them!





No comments: