Friday, November 19, 2010

Blessed


Well it would be an understatement if I said that life has been nice and easy on the financial side of things now that Jon is not working anymore, yet we have felt so much love from our friends and family. Our Heavenly Father is continuously blessing us.
Today, after a long day at work I came home to a very exciting sight. Someone had left us some groceries on our front steps. I was puzzled at first as to who could have done it, then after analyzing what was in the bags, there was no doubt in my mind. It was my sweet and caring mom. My mom knows me so well, she shops like I do. Plus there was a little something for everyone: Diapers for the baby, gold fish and oreos for the boys, chips and salsa for Jon, lots of fruits and vegetables and water for me....
When I called her to asked if she knew anything about it, she simply denied it, I had to force it out of her.
My mother has always been a wonderful example to me of pure love and sacrifice for the welfare of others. She is always serving, giving of her time and resources even when it is not convenient for her. I am so blessed to have her in my life, and hope that I can follow in her foot steps and become as selfless and charitable as she is someday.

No comments: