Saturday, July 11, 2009

You are Here Concert


Tonight was yet again the last night of concert. It is always hard for a concert to be over, especially after rehearsing, and working so hard at perfecting dances for so long. And within the blink of an eye (about 5-10 minutes on stage, per dance) it is all over.

How it started! Well, about two months or so ago, a BYU/ UVU professor, the awesome Arwen Rogers, contacted me about a dance concert she was putting together, and the interest she had in having me be a part of it. I was of course so excited to have the opportunity to work with her, but most of all have the opportunity to dance, rehearse, and perform.

I was able to be in two of Arwen's pieces "Sports Page" which is based on the photos from the sports pages of a news paper (with the awesome facial expressions). That piece was HILARIOUS to do. I really had fun, and it pushed me do be goofy on stage which is not my "forte."



The second piece was called "Lean Back" which was about a time in your life when you feel like you need support from another individual. During this piece, I had an awesome solo at the beginning, it was actually my favorite part of the dance to do.

No comments: