Sunday, April 19, 2009

Our Hogle Zoo activity

Yesterday we went to the Hogle Zoo. We try to go at least once a year because the kids love it so much. It was a beautiful day to go: not too hot, and not too cold; it was just right!
My brother Alex, and my childhood friend Jonathan Karsenty came with us also. Jonathan was visiting us for the weekend. It was great to see him and catch up on everything both old and new...


At the Zoo I found two adorable little turtles hiding in their shells.
And of course, I took them home with me.


Alex, Julien, and Logan lounging on the elephants trump!

One of Jon's favorite thing to do at the Zoo, is feed the giraffes. Please tell this to no one, I love the Zoo and wish to go back many more times! He is hilarious...., he grabs a piece of shrubbery and taunts and teases the giraffes until they feel comfortable enough to come over, stretch out their gigantic tongues, and eats the leaves. I must admit, it is pretty entertaining!


The boys making faces at our favorite monkey Dexter (from the Night at the Museum) or the Capuchin Monkey. Dexter would study us, and curiously raise his eyebrows so far that his spiky hair line would recede backward; it was so funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to feed the giraffes too!I'm happy to hear that all of you were wise enough not to jump in with the polar bears!

Jon and Maeva said...

HA! HA! Yes, I am glad of that too, although I wish we could have seen it

Jennifer and Jacob said...

Hey, it looks like you guys are still kickin! We miss you. We should have you over for dinner soon. I felt so bad that last time didn't work. The kids would love to see Julien and Logan!