Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Beast

On thursday night, two of my girls at New Haven wanted me to take them to a Zumba class (a salsa/ hip-hop aerobics class). I was so excited to go, I heard it was a blast. As I was looking for the keys of the company cars; I realized that there was only one set of keys. At that point, I was starting to get a little worried and overwhelmed as I knew that the keys I was holding in my hand, were the keys to the Chevy Express, our huge 15 seater van....


A little background about me and cars: I hate and refuse to drive cars that are not mine, for the sheer fear of recking them (not that I ever plan on recking them in the first place), anyhow... in addition, I have never driven a van aside from the SUV we currently own, and am afraid of their monstrous sizes.

So here I am, driving a beastly looking 15 seater van, which I do not own. You can imagine the panic I was experiencing. The way to the driver's side door seemed like it took an eternity.

But, all went well. I drove carefully, and we all made it to the Zumba class and back in one piece, even the Beast!

No comments: