Sunday, December 11, 2016

Half IRONMAN Relay!


Here we go! My first half Ironman relay! I was so nervous and excited about this race. Nervous because I could not run with music and that is very hard for me, excited because I love racing and the camaraderie and support amongst other racers. It is just great to see others pushing themselves inspiring you to do the same. I love it!


I woke up bright and early and headed to the Four Seasons Hotel to see my team member off to start the swim.

 

Our awesome team!
Not fast just furious
Angela, Leslie and me





There were a few athletes participating with disabilities (some with one working leg only or no working legs)  which was truly remarkable. I was in awe over their achievements. 



Angela finishing up the swim! She did amazing!


After seeing my friend Leslie take off on the bike portion of the race, I headed to the Bahrain International circuit where I was to wait for her to arrive to start. 
Muneer than headed back to the hotel to pick up Jon and the children to see my start and finish.

Leslie rocking the bike portion!




Awaiting my turn!


A quick chip exchange and off I go!





getting tired...lol



last sprint





I finished the run in 1 hour 57 min which is I think my slowest time, but considering Keilani is only  4 months old and I had no music to keep me pumped up, I am pretty happy with my time and feel very accomplished.


I had so much fun and can't wait for the next one




I am so glad these guys could come cheer me on.
I am grateful for Jon who took care of our 5 children so that I could do something I enjoy so much. 
 I think they too had a long day and were ready to get some food!
Poor Kiki had had enough


bite to eat before heading home















No comments: