Thursday, January 15, 2015

My little black dress!



Because we live in Saudi Arabia, I have to wear the infamous abaya! Before moving here people were so vocal and opinionated about "having" to wear it, being forced to cover up, and having it be such an inconvenience. And to be honest, it started to make me nervous.
The truth of the matter is wearing the abaya does not bother me one bit! It is actually kind of nice not to have to worry about what you look like from the neck down. I have t many more important things to worry about! Don't get me wrong I am glad to go out without my abaya and show off my cute little outfits when I am visiting home, or vacationing abroad, but as a mom with little children, my shirts and pants are often stained with little dirty hands, or the food remains from the food fight Eden thought we were having during lunch.... so covering up and not having to change my outfit yet again is a nice welcome.

Pros and Cons about having to hear the abaya!

Pro's:
I don't have to worry about what I am wearing. In fact in the photo above I went out to eat in my PJ's and I looked good doing it!
I think instead of focusing on yourself, your looks, and what other people are wearing, you focus more on the individual, and who they are inside.
Wearing the abaya keeps you warm when it is colder outside.
Con's:
The main inconvenience is how much hotter it makes you when you go out in the long summer when it hits 100 or 120!
It is a pain when going or taking a child to the nasty bathrooms!




No comments: