Sunday, April 10, 2011

BLD's first show


I don't know how many of you know this, but a couple of friends from my graduating class and I at UVU started our own dance company about a year ago. We are called Body Logic Dance Company. http://bodylogicdance.blogspot.com/
We are still a work in progress, but moving at lighting speed. Each of the girls on the company have a responsibility, we meet to talk about possible performance and teaching opportunities, take class, and choreograph.  In the fall we were able to find a venue to host a show for us. So the first week of January, choreographers got started in creating their works. I choreographed a piece title "Terminal Velocity."
We performed our show "Uncovered" Friday 8th and Saturday 9th of April. It was a wonderful show. We had a pretty good turn out.  Jon and Kiki were there every night including tech/dress rehearsal. The boys, my parents, Alex, and my girls came also. It was so great for them to show me their support. So many people came that we filled the space and actually made a revenue. Yeah! I am so proud of all the girls. It was a lot of hard work and dedication to put a show together. But we did it, and we were awesome. I am eager to get started on our next one.
Although I am moving to TX, I am hoping to stay connected and go back every year to set pieces on the company. Dancing is more than what I love to do, it is a passion, it is deeply rooted inside of me, it has been a part of me for nearly 25 years, parting from it would be impossible. I know I will have the opportunity to teach in TX, but creating and performing is different, it is a way I communicate, and release my artistic impressions.
Above is a picture of Kiki and I stretching before the show. I will hopefully post pictures of the actual performance soon.

No comments: