Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sweet n Low Mama

After all this time, juggling school and work, work and school, Jon finally had to quit his job at XO for his last year at school. It was a day we both looked forward to and dreaded at the same time. XO was a great job and source of income for our family while in school. I think Jon felt relieved to only have to focus on school and not have to divide his time and energy on the two.

After having the baby, the decision whether going back to work or not was a difficult one to make. I love my job, but I really felt that I needed to be home with my new baby, Julien and Logan. Yet with Jon quitting we needed some income until we could get approved for a loan. But working and having to pay for child care when I work 45 minutes away was not really a reasonable solution either.

After much pondering, I decided it would be best for me and the family not to go back to work but work at home serving and caring for my family. Once I had made my decision, I called to quit and my boss suggested that I keep working and take Kia Ora to work with me until she became too mobile. It was an offer that would have been silly to pass up especially with the financial strain our family was under.

I started working the first week of September. It has been hard trying to juggle work, home, kids, infant, but I know that Heavenly Father has helped me with the energy, and attitude I needed to accomplish all my daily tasks.

Jon has been a big big help of course doing the dishes, and helping with laundry when I was too tired. And the baby has been so easy, sleeping for the most part of my working day.

As far as the Sweet n Low picture? Jon calls me his "Sweet n Low mama" since I bring home the "bacon." Sweet n Low because it is barely enough to pay the bills. Unfortunately I don't make enough money to be called his "Sugar mama" and spoil him with outings, and gifts.

1 comment:

Lydja said...

This is clever, Sweet and Low. I'm sure that has been a hard adjustment--Jon not working, you taking the baby to work and HAVING a baby again. So much!