Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Our New Car!


Last week, we started looking at new cars since our cars have been working on and off for the past year. After much time online, and at car lots looking at our different options, we realized that the Jeep Patriot, and the Jeep Liberty would be our best option. On Monday, we made up our mind and put down a down payment on a gorgeous 2008 Jeep Liberty. It is soooo nice. But let's be honest, it is not fair to compare our beloved 1997 Chevy Lumina, to a 2008 vehicle. The Lumina has served us well, but it's time had run out.
That night, we decided not to take the Jeep home so it could go though final cleanings and tune-ups. Well... believe it or not the Lumina overheated on the freeway as we were heading home. The next day, on my way to work, it overheated 6 more times, and an other 5 on my way to my parents house. What a nightmare! I picked up the Jeep an hour later. The timing was trully perfect. I LOVE THE JEEP! I don't think I could ever go back to driving our little beater car.

Here is the interior of the Jeep. I'm not too crazy about the color, but I love all of the options. We have a CD player! Yeah! Our first one! We even have a plug for our IPOD's. And the dashboard has a compass, and it also calculates the temperature.

2 comments:

danica said...

Yessss!! No more breaking down miles from home or using bungee cords to keep doors closed! Haha. I bet you'll miss those days :)

Jennifer and Jacob said...

I can't believe you got a new car! I don't know if I can picture you in anything except your blue car. I miss seeing it next door in the driveway :) Enjoy...take a long Sunday drive.